Chess Coffee Club
17 people have
Are you tired of playing chess online and looking for a way to play friendly games in person over-the-board? We have you covered. Bangalore Chess Club is here with another chess meetup with a little spice, or should I say coffee. This time, we’ll be playing 3 different variations of chess and sipping on some freshly brewed coffee to charge our brains.
Do you need to be a professional? NO. These variations will be taught and are easy to learn. So, signup to charge your brain and enjoy your time with this coffee and chess session.
What To Expect:
- A complimentary coffee
- 2 chess filled hours with 3 variations:
- Casual Tournament: A Blitz Knockout Tournament. It’s a very laid-back environment, so feel free to relax, calm down and just enjoy rather than win.
- Hand & Brain Chess: This is a type of team chess in which two players play each side. One (the “Brain”) is only allowed to pick a piece type to be moved, and the other (the “Hand”) must move that piece type without knowledge of what the first player intended. For example, if the “Brain” says “pawn”, then the “Hand” must move one of the pawns.
- Bughouse Chess/Supply Chess: Played on two chessboards by four players in teams of two. Normal chess rules apply, except that captured pieces on one board are passed on to the teammate on the other board, who then has the option of putting these pieces on their board.
- New friends to play chess with and be part of the Bangalore’s largest Chess Community.
- Your place to try out new ideas.
About The Creators & Host:
Bangalore Chess Club is Bangalore’s largest chess community. It is open to join and be a part of!
Come here to play chess, make buddies while not worrying about prizes but just having fun 🙂