Hosted By : Winique Pottery
This one-day pottery workshop is a hands-on experience that will introduce participants to the basic techniques of creating functional and decorative pottery pieces. The workshop will cover essential pottery-making skills, such as clay preparation, wheel throwing, and hand-building.
Participants will learn how to create various forms, including bowls, cups, and plates, and explore decorative techniques such as carving, stamping, and glazing. Whether you are a complete beginner or have some experience with pottery, this workshop is a fun and rewarding way to explore your creativity and learn a new skill.
Munch on delicious food and sip on your favorite drinks while making your pieces!
What To Expect:
• One snack and beverage
• Introduction to basic hand building
• Hands-on experience with clay on the wheel (with the help of the instructor)
• Surface decoration
• Terracotta clay
• Tools and supplies to use during the workshop
• Bisque firing up to 2 pieces per participant per session.
• Each participant would create two items. One piece would be fired for each student.
• The pieces would be fired in four weeks and returned to the experience centre.
• Participants can pick their own items from the centre
• The instructor would choose the pieces to be fired.
Join Dr. Sawini Ghosh, a skilled ceramic artist who specializes in creating functional and beautiful pottery using traditional techniques such as wheel-throwing and hand-building. She has turned her passion for ceramics into a successful profession, having participated in major exhibitions such as World Art Dubai, 1000 Vases, Potfest UK, and Potter’s Fest Goa. Her exceptional work has also been recognized by the British Herald in 2022